Chadds Ford Collision is committed to helping restore your peace of mind in the event of an accident.
If you get in an accident, the safety of all involved should be your primary concern. Taking these steps can help you keep safe and also prepare you for the claims process after the fact:
- Check for injuries. Call 911 for an ambulance when in doubt. Don't move anyone who might have a serious neck or spine injury. Keep your seatbelts on if you need to stay in the car.
- If there are no serious injuries, move the car out of traffic, if it is safe to do so.
- Turn on hazard lights and set out cones, flares or warning triangles.
- Contact the police.
- Get information from other involved drivers: Names, Drivers' License Numbers, License Plate Numbers, and the Year, Make Model and Color of their vehicles.
- Get contact information from any witnesses to the accident.
- Use your smartphone or other camera to take photos of the accident scene.
- Report the accident to your insurance company.
- Contact Chadds Ford Collision Repair Facility.
OTHER IMPORTANT TIPS
- Do not sign any document unless it's for the police or your insurance agent.
- Make immediate notes about the accident, including specific damages to all vehicles involved, witness information, etc. Some tools are available, including AccidentSketch, can assist you.
- If the name on an auto registration is different than the driver, jot down the relationship.
- Be polite, but don't tell anyone the accident was your fault, even if you think it was.
- State only the facts, and limit your discussion of the accident to the police and your insurance agent.
- If possible, don't leave the accident scene before the police and other drivers do.